Living in Denver* can allow winter to sneak up on us sometimes, and so a reminder to do some things around the house before the snow flies can be valuable. Here are some tips I have learned over the years:
- Remove hoses from the faucets. Drain the hose and store.
- Replace the batteries in the thermostat
- I like to use a winterizer lawn food with weed & feed
- Shut down the sprinkler system
- Pansies & Mums are great plants for color this time of year.
Winterizing a VACANT home in Denver is another thing all together. Often when showing homes, or when we represent relocating sellers, the relocation company requires the property to be winterized, in case the heat goes off. We do not want the toilets to freeze & crack, or the p traps under the tub to do likewise. If you need craftsmen to assist in this go to Vendors that have performed well in the past
*Did you know only about 25% of the population in the Denver Metro area actually live in “Denver”. The rest of us live in the outlying towns or suburbs like Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Englewood, Centennial, Parker or Castle Rock. Oh there are more but the point is out of about 2.25 million in the Denver metro area only about 650,000 live in the city limits of Denver.